Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the FMOGE Mirrors Safety Convex Mirror Traffic Mirror PC Material Su the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and Jammas Power Strip Socket With 3 USB Standard Extension Socket P pages and Scotfax. In addition we have San Diego State Aztecs - Football Helmet Wall Clock to resources such as Tour Operators and Lug Nut Wheel Cleaning Brush with Handle and Removable Insert St Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the Black Cuillin on the Isle of Skye, the most challenging range of mountains in Scotland; and Bruichladdich Distillery, one of the many wonderful distilleries on the Isle of Islay.
Clickable Map of Scotland
If you're a film buff, then Pennan may look a little familiar. In 1983, parts of the film Local Hero were shot here. The film gave Pennan one of the best known red telephone boxes in the world, on the quayside opposite the Pennan Inn and attracting a steady stream of visitors ever since. Pennan sits at the base of a north-facing cliff looking out to sometimes stormy seas. There is just enough space between the the cliffs and the sea for a single row of dwellings. ( Complete Gasket Set Fits 1996 Arctic Cat ZR 580 EFI ...)
On This Day
3 September 1650: The Battle of Dunbar is a resounding victory for Cromwell, largely because of the actions of extreme religious factions on the Scottish side. Cromwell then marches on Edinburgh and subsequently occupies much of southern Scotland.
3 September 1651: Cromwell attacks Charles II and the Scots Royalists defending Worcester and inflicts a heavy defeat on them. Charles Stewart manages to escape: many of the Scots including Major-General David Leslie do not.
The Highlands by Paul Murton (5 August 2021).
Paul Murton journeys the length and breadth of the spectacularly beautiful Scottish Highlands. In addition to bringing a
fresh eye to popular destinations such as Glencoe, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness and the Cairngorms, he also visits some remote and
little-known locations hidden off the beaten track. Throughout his travels, Paul meets a host of modern Highlanders, from
caber tossers and gamekeepers to lairds to pipers. With an instinct for the unusual, he uncovers some strange tales, myths
and legends along the way.
Read our full review.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller Bloody Orkney.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- XINTANG Wall Clock Elephant Animal Wildlife Wall Clock Farmhouse A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.